BASIC VOCATIONAL TRAINING INFORMATION
Basic Vocational Training provides training cycles for people who have not completed ESO and want to continue their studies towards a field of Vocational Training.
The general competence of this title consists of carrying out auxiliary operations for the assembly and maintenance of microcomputer systems, peripherals and data communication networks, as well as electrical and electronic equipment operating with the indicated quality and operating in conditions of safety and environmental protection, with personal responsibility and initiative and communicating orally and in writing in Spanish and in a foreign language.
The cycle lasts for 2000 h. distributed in two academic courses.
During the 2nd year, the first two trimesters are carried out at the institute and the third one, training at a company.
The duration of the Training in Work Centers will be 240 hours.
The dates of completion of the FCT are from mid / end of April to mid-June.
Normally, students will access the FCT module when they have passed the rest of the modules of which the cycle consists.
- IT department of a company, either public or private.
- Computer sales and repair company.
- Cable and fiber optic assembly and installation company.
- Basic Professional Title
- Currently students are also getting the GCSE title.
If the law changes, the ESO degree could be obtained by taking the Applied ESO Final Assessment test (known as “revalidation”)
- Assistant to assembler of receiving antennas / satellite television.
- Assistant installer and repairman of telephone and telegraphic equipment.
- Assistant installer of communication equipment and systems.
- Telephone installation repairman assistant.
- Assistant assembler of microcomputer systems.
- Computer systems maintenance assistant.
- Computer systems installer assistant.
- Data transmission systems installer assistant.
- Electrical and electronic equipment assembly operator.
- Electrical and electronic equipment maintenance assistant.
- Electrical and electronic equipment and plate tester / adjuster.
- Assembler of components on printed circuit boards.
Basic VET books are free for families as they are included in the Book Bank program of the Ministry of Education.
We have more information about the cycle on this LINK.